31 Days to a Healthier You!Articles and GoodiesFavoritesFree Downloads!Ultimate Fitness Guide- How to Lose Weight!- Free BonusFree Healthy Meals Ideas ebook!Weight Loss Coaching ProgramWho Is LaShanda GloverWhy I love to workout!Workout Goodies For Sale!
January 29, 2011 Day 29- Measure Your Success
Filed under Health- Fitness, Healthier You!, Healthy Living, Motivation by Shanda on January 29, 2011 at 8:40 am
As were nearing the end of 31 days of Healthy Habits, I hope that you have been successful in the start of your weight loss journey. I know that the scale is the ultimate way to judge you success, however I dont want it to be the only tool you use. As I have discussed many times, the body can be very tricky, meaning that sometimes no matter how well you do, you dont drop a lot of weight or sometimes any weight. Therefore, let me suggest others ways.
1. Buy a measuring tape- take your measurements- keep a journal to see how many inches you lose in various places such as-
2. Look at how your clothes are fitting- are they looser, more comfortable?
3. Go to the store and pick out something in a smaller size- does it fit, are you surprised?
*Heres something about clothes,- I have found that every designer, material is different therefore your sizes will be different in these clothes. Dont get discouraged if you need a bigger size in certain brands. For example, I will share my size- because I get asked this a lot. I generally choose a size 10 first and then a size 8, depending on the type of clothing. Most of my dress pants are between those sizes. Now I love Ann Taylor brand clothes because I can wear a size 6 in her brand! I love it. However, I will not claim my size a 6 because I cant fit that in everything. Jeans are very different as well, I usually have to try them on due to my build. My top sizes have gone down, but most times I still choose a medium first then a small depending on how its made. So have fun when you shop and check out different sizes.
4. Check Your Shoe size- Yes I said shoe size! It might be too early for you to notice but heres my experience, at my highest weight, my shoe size increased to 9 1/2 after being a size 9 for years. Much to my surprise, by the time I lost 70 pounds I actually can wear size 8 1/2 shoes, can you believe that!
5. Look at your skin- Why? Heres why, I noticed that when I started eating better. My skin is so much clearer and smoother because of less greasy foods in my diet and drinking more water.
There are so many ways to measure your success- so dont be a slave to the scale! Try these suggestions!
Enjoy the weekend and keep these ideas in mind!
Healthy Girl Now!No Excuses- Exercise!What Are You Doing?Motivation – You Need ItTake Care of Your Heart!What Now!Winter Blues!January 31,2011- Day 31 Celebrate!January 30, 2011- Day 30 Reward Yourself!January 29, 2011 Day 29- Measure Your SuccessJanuary 28, 2011 Day 28-Visualize!
Show Your Appreciation!Show Healthy Girl some love!USD
Pages 31 Days to a Healthier You!
Ultimate Fitness Guide- How to Lose Weight!- Free Bonus
Get the My Triond Articles widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox! Not seeing a widget? (More info)
Do You Know Her? Click here to visit LaShanda Henry.
Latest Products 31 Days to a Healthier You!Blogroll
Black Girls Guide to Weight Loss
Need a Job? Jobs by Indeed
Recent CommentsShanda on Motivation You Need ItTishia Lee on Motivation You Need ItShanda on Take Care of Your Heart!AlexandraFunFit on Take Care of Your Heart!Shanda on Start Now and Trust the Process!
Theme SWIFT by Satish Gandham, a product of SwiftThemes.Com
Copyright © 2011 Healthy Girl Now! Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS)
powered by WordPress [Back to top ↑ ]
Blog WebMastered by All in One Webmaster.WordPress SEO fine-tune by Meta SEO Pack from Poradnik Webmastera